Stiltz Duo Home Elevator
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator
More than just a lift, the Stiltz Duo Home Elevator will enhance your life
The Stiltz Duo Home Elevator is a unique and innovative home elevator which can be installed almost anywhere in the home. The Duo is unlike any other conventional residential elevator available as it does not require hydraulics or need to be fixed to walls. Our home elevators are powered by an intelligent electric motor drive system that is very quiet and housed, out of sight, at the top of the lift and plugs straight into a regular power socket – just like any other household appliance.
Using dual rail technology, the freestanding Stiltz Duo Home Elevator is a self-supporting structure with no extra weight burden put on the home. This means the lift can be installed in places where other conventional residential elevators will not fit. The clever design also means there is no need for a lift shaft or separate machine room.
The Stiltz Duo Home Elevator offers unrivalled flexibility in terms of placement in the home and is a safe, neat and discreet alternative to a stair lift. It can be installed in as little as one day with minimal building work and disruption. From hallway to landing or family room to bedroom, the lift requires a remarkably small space of less than 8.5 sq ft – so the choice is yours.
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Range
NEW! Stiltz Duo Alta is the newest addition to the Duo range and is a stylish, compact residential elevator which is elegantly curved and designed to compliment any style of décor; contemporary or traditional. It allows the seasons to flood into your home while enabling you to move between floors with comfort and convenience.
Stiltz Duo Classic – this is the original Stiltz Home Elevator and can carry two people up to one floor in less than 30 seconds. The Duo Classic looks great and is a lift to feel good about. It includes many features as standard with additional options available.
Stiltz Duo Vista – is fitted with a clear body made from structural polycarbonate to give it a contemporary look. The Duo Vista can blend into a room’s décor and allow natural light to flood in if the residential elevator is placed in front of or close to a window. It offers all the same features as the Classic.
Stiltz Duo Thru Car – allows users to enter and exit from both sides of the lift. This is made possible by the Stiltz unique dual rail technology. There is no other elevator lift of this kind on the market that is capable of having a double entry or thru car configuration. It offers all the same features as the Classic.
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Benefits
Smallest footprint of any lift on the market – covers less than 8.5 sq ft surface area
Economical to use
Plugs into a standard dedicated 220v power outlet – like any other major appliance
Unique Dual Rail System
Compact Drive System
Stiltz Duo Home Elevator Specifications
- Finish: Light grey.
- Half-Height Door: The door is interlocked and matches the finish of the elevator.
- 2 x Remote Controls: Call and send the elevator remotely; also, use it to move heavy
or awkward items between floors.
- Two-Year Parts Warranty: All Stiltz Elevators carry a standard 24 months parts warranty.
- Internal LED Downlights: Programmed to turn when the user has called or entered the elevator; will remain on for the entire journey.
- Battery Back-Up System If there is a power cut while using the elevator, it can be driven to the lower level of the home and will then wait until the power comes back on to resume normal service.
- Half-Height Light Curtain: Projects the opening above the half-door from obstructions; the lift will not move until the obstruction has been removed and the light curtain is clear.
- Interior Telephone: Help is just a phone call away. Every lift comes standard with a landline phone; a cell phone is available as an option.
- Fold-Down Seat: A stylish molded plastic seat is an option; simply lift the seat out of the way when not in use.
- Interior Grab Rail: Offers increased security for the occupants of the elevator.
- Full-Height Door: An interlocked door that replaces the half-height door option.
- Half Height Light Curtain: An obstruction sensor is situated at the entrance of our elevators. If this barrier is crossed at any time, the elevator will immediately stop.
- Safety Lid Cover: This crucial feature covers the aperture in the floor when the elevator is in the downstairs position. It is strong enough to stand on, and you can place your original flooring on top to blend in.
- Key Switch Operation: This feature allows the owner to lock out the elevator if the need arises. This is commonly used when going away on holiday or when the grandchildren are around.
- Top & Bottom Safety Pans: Using our obstruction sensors, a Stiltz elevator can detect objects above or below the elevator, causing it to immediately stop.
- Hold-To-Run Controls: Operating a Stiltz Elevator requires constant pressure to the controls. This allows the user to ‘drive’ the elevator and feel in total control.
- Weight Limit Sensors: The Trio Alta home elevator is limited to 500lbs. The elevator detects anything exceeding this limit and will not travel.
- Out Of Balance Sensors: Sensors will detect if the elevator is ever out of balance and prevent the unit from travelling.
- Fall Arrest Mechanism: This patented system prevents the car from falling in the unlikely event of the steel ropes going slack.
- Emergency Stop Button: This button is front and center for the user in the event of an emergency.
Stiltz elevators are simple in design but are technically very advanced. Here’s a deeper dive into more technical information about our Duo Alta homelift.
|Drive||Roped drum, braked gear motor drive|
|Power Supply||Dedicated 220V AC line required, like most major appliances|
|Maximum Load||375lbs / 2 persons standing or 1 person sitting|
|Maximum Travel||177 – 3/16″|
|Entrance Security||Half height light curtain with obstruction sensor|
|Maximum Speed||5.9 inches / second|
|Warranty||2 year parts|
|Rope Diameter||6mm galvanized steel rope|
|Additional Sensors||Out of balance; overload; top / bottom obstruction|
|Lighting Type||2 x 3w LED downlights|
|Landing Call Stations||2 wireless remote controls|
|Installation||Typical installation takes one day after home modification is complete|
|Configuration||Single entry door or ThruCar (Duo Classic only)|